Fully Automatic Web
Tension Profile Control
- Eliminates wrinkles, creases, etc.
- Eliminates baggy edges
- Produces a smooth tight web across the entire web width. Gross (unwind)
tension changes become unecessary
- Maintain normal web tracking
- Reduce web break frequency
- Allow a reduction in overall web tension
Tension Profile Control--Think what a perfectly smooth web means to
you 24 hours per day. Yorkshire's fully automatic Tension Profile Control
System allows maximum continuous machine speed regardless of web quality
problems. It automatically compensates for baggy edges, baggy centers,
and machine misalignments.
Tension Profile Control systems offer significant productivity gains
as well as unbelievable savings in material and labor for nearly all converting
processes. Some of the more common ones are highlighted below. Take a few
minutes and imagine what you can save with TPC.
How It Works
| Reprint | System Controller
- SLITTING/REWINDING: A uniform tension
of rewound rolls is guaranteed. Eliminate telescoping of soft outside rolls.
- COATING: A uniform coating is produced.
Skip coating due to baggy edges is eliminated.
- LAMINATING: No bastard tension
profiles are locked into the laminate to cause warp and seperation.
- HEATING/COOLING: A uniform tension
profile leads to a uniform heat transfer rate resulting in a uniform teperature
profile across the full web width.
- PRINTING: Complete control of registration
in the machine direction is achieved. No smudging. Hole punching is performed
on tight edges. Outside ribbons in a folder are held in complete control.
- CORRUGATOR: The web with a unform
temperature across its full width will dry at a uniform rate . . . reducing
board warp. see heating/cooling above.
- DECURLING: Uniform decurling across
the full web width is guaranteed. The previously semi-treated area on the
baggy side will now be fully treated.
- THIN FILMS: Eliminate necking of
the web due to excessive tension.
Registration | About Yorkshire | SLIMB Bearings Home Page
Yorkshire Industries, Inc.
P.O. Box 5100, Andover, MA 01810
Toll Free: 1-888-475-1949